Every car owner must realize the importance of oil change. There are so many moving parts in an engine, and anyone can guess that movement produces friction and friction increases wear and tear.
The only way to reduce and delay that wear and tear and subsequently increase the life of the engine is through lubrication. By far, the best lubricant known is oil. Oil, however, also has an expiry date. It tends to break down and gets contaminated by dirt and dust from the engine and the environment. And therefore it is mandatory that the oil is changed.
An independent survey shows that 22% of vehicles on the road have old and worn out engine oil. Mechanics offering an oil change service in Sandy, Utah will testify that timely oil changes can save you thousands of dollars in repairs. In fact, proactive and regular oil change in a year will cost you a measly $120 when compared to engine repair charges that amount to $4000 as a result of a lackluster oil change.
Some of the best mechanics talk of the necessity of an oil change service in Sandy, UT as follows:
- Engine Lubrication: Pistons and valves beside other parts in an engine move at very high rates of speed. Without proper oil lubrication, these parts create a lot of heat, subsequently wearing down the engine substantially. Using a good engine oil ensures minimal wear and tear, thereby prolonging the engine life significantly.
- Removes sludge from the engine: Over time, with no frequent engine oil change, dirt, and sludge accumulate in the engine. Dirt causes corrosion of engine parts, and sludge develops when the oil breaks down and no longer has lubrication properties. Thus, sludge needs to be removed, which warrants an oil change, thereby keeping the car in good working condition.
- Gas Mileage: Engine lubrication has everything to do with fuel consumption. The better the lubricant, the better mileage you will get on your car. With routine oil change and regular checks, mileage can be improved by 2%.
- Vehicle longevity: The sum total of all that was discussed earlier is what brings about vehicle longevity. Dirty oil and sludge build-up in the engine make the internal components of the engine work hard, and an overworked engine will bring about problems soon than later.
An oil change service in Sandy, Utah can be personally challenging, but it is a necessary task that must be done.
Most delays in oil changing are because a car owner does not have the time in this every busy world. It is estimated that it takes about 60 minutes or more to get the job done.
That amounts to your whole lunch break dedicated to change the car oil. This is where an oil change service in Sandy, Utah comes to your rescue.
You can fix your appointment for an oil change service in Sandy, UT online with any of the several mechanics available. They will come and pick your car and deliver it when the job is done.
What type of oils does the car take?
There are different types of motor oils that the car can take. This also can depend on the climate of your area, driving conditions, and driving habits. The right motor oil can even rely on the age of your engine.
Other common factors are based on the engine type and manufacturer specifications. Some brief insights into the different kinds of motor oils are as below.
- Full Synthetic Motor Oil: A Full Synthetic Motor Oil has characteristics such as high viscosity, zero sludge production, and a high level of resistance to oxidation and thermal breakdown. There’s also excellent fuel efficiency. Full Synthetic Motor Oil is ideally used on vehicles that demand high levels of performance. However, that is just the plus side of the full synthetic motor oil. Full synthetic motor oil can cost four times more than regular motor oil. However, it’s best that you ask your technician on what is the right oil for your car.
- Synthetic Blend Motor Oil: As the name suggests, Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is a mix of Full Synthetic Motor Oil and conventional motor oil. The attraction of buying a Synthetic Blend Motor Oil is that it is cheaper and does not burn a hole in your pocket. Having said that, the Synthetic Blend Motor Oil, although cheaper will also give you the satisfaction of a smooth ride and high performance.
- High Mileage Motor Oil: The High Mileage Motor Oil is usually for cars that have already run 75,000 miles or more. High Mileage Motor Oil can help your vehicle reduce smoke, emissions, oil consumption, and minimize oil leaks.
- Conventional Motor Oil: Conventional Motor Oil is the most commonly used engine oil. It lasts longer, has a high tolerance to extreme climates, and gives you reasonable mileage.